To view the entire newsletter please visit:
Joanne Meyrick, from the Womens Contact Society gave a presentation on the Williams Lake Early Years
Centre and new webpage www.wlchild.ca launching November 2015.
- A Survey was first developed for parents to develop a baseline of how parents and providers access
information about programs and services for children in Williams Lake from 0-6 years old. The survey
results are available by email upon request.
- Based on feedback from families and service providers, the group proposed a new virtual Early Years
Centre website for Williams Lake and the surrounding area.
- A one-stop clearing house for information on early childhood resources and service providers.
- Community partners such as a StrongStart BC Centre or the CCRR, or the Library will be trained
navigators for parents in helping them access the site and will assist to promote the site.
- The website will be supported by social media including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- The website will have a blog component where articles will appear covering current issues in
parenting and child development.
This project has lead to the development of the new resource driven website: www.wlchild.ca
(which is also formatted for people's smartphones).